Nothing beats getting fresh salsa, the freshness of the tomatoes, the crisp crunch of the onions, this easy and healthy recipe for Pico de Gallo will be having your mouth watering in no time!
- 3 yellow or red onions
- 12 Roma tomatoes (slightly under ripe is fine)
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 jalapenos
- 1 lime
- Dice up the onion and tomato.
- Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Now, slice 1 or 2 jalapenos in half. With a spoon, scrape out the seeds. (If you like things spicy, leave in some of the white membranes.) Dice the jalapenos very finely. Now dump the four ingredients into a bowl.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice from half a lime the bowl. Sprinkle with salt, and stir together until combined. Be sure to taste the pico de gallo and adjust the seasonings, adding salt, lime, or more diced jalapeno if needed.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A promotes good vision and is important for growth, development, and immune function.
- Vitamin K1: Vitamin K is important for blood coagulation and can promote bone health.
- Potassium: An essential mineral, potassium plays an important role in controlling blood pressure.
- Folate: Also known as folic acid, it's important in fetal development.
- Vitamin B1: Also known as Thiamin, helps to support your nervous system, muscles, heart, stomach, and intestines. It also assists with the natural flow of electrolytes in and out of your muscle and nerve cells.
- Vitamin C: Also know as ascorbic acid, vitamin c is essential to the growth, repair, and development of all tissues in the body, as well as involved in many functions from your immune system to the formation of collagen in your body.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is important in the proper growth and maintenance of bones, as well as the proper functioning of muscles, nerves and other body parts.